Friday, August 10, 2012

Girl Scout Mom Hat

Yesterday I wore my Girl Scout Mother Hat.

My daughter has been a Girl Scout for almost 8 years now.  She loves it and it has given her opportunities to things I only dreamed of as a kid.



This week we finished up on her "take action" project with her Girl Scout Friends.

We spent months planning a Carnival for some local migrant workers' children.

It originally was a 3 day thing at multiple sites.  But we were told that was to ambitious for our girls and backed it off two 1 day.

So yesterday we went and did the little carnival for about 30 kids.It was wonderful.  The weather was over 100 degrees, but we were in the shade and stayed hydrated.  Everyone had a great time!

Now the next step is their Silver Award.  My daughter has her project all planed and I am very proud of her and her decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment